THE MOST POPULAR GUIDE TO NEPAL
- ONE OF TODAY'S TOP ADVENTURE TRAVEL DESTINATIONS-UPDATED AND EXPANDED IN 7TH EDITION
Praise for previous editions:
"If you buy only one book on travel in Nepal, this should be the one."
"[Trekking in Nepal] is extremely useful in setting out the do's and don'ts of treks, including how to choose a trail, how to prepare, what to bring and what precautions to take."
-The New York Times
"Trekking in Nepal is the best and most comprehensive guidebook of its kind. Its wealth of information should be as complete and indispensable to the traveler in Nepal as The Joy of Cooking is to the American cook."
-The American Alpine Journal
"Trekking in Nepal may be the best guidebook available."
"The potential trekker or climber would be hard-pressed to find more useful information amassed in a more readable and entertaining style for less money."
Completely updated and expanded, the seventh edition of the best-selling TREKKING IN NEPAL: A TRAVELER'S GUIDE by Stephen Bezruchka, sends trekkers to Nepal equipped with comprehensive information on the country's most rewarding routes, what to bring, what to expect, and the people and history behind it all. With a foreword by Sir Edmund Hillary, it covers twenty-one major areas of Nepal, over all types of terrain, plus alternatives and side trips. It also includes a special section on trekking with children. Bezruchka provides visitors with the information and inspiration they need to be culturally appropriate and environmentally sensitive guests.
- Includes several new routes in the Makalu Barun area
- Sidebars detail history, customs and traditions, geology, climate, national parks and conservation areas, religion, wildlife, and more
- Illustrated with 76 photos, 16 maps, and 20 elevation profiles
- Pair with Bezruchka's Nepali for Trekkers: Language Tape and Phrasebook
|© 2002, Mandala Book Point. All rights reserved.|